Music in Nature
Hear the chirping birds join in song with a jazz guitar; enjoy blues, folk, classical, and more concerts, all outside in the beautiful Arboretum grounds.
Concerts at Awbury range from music festivals and one-time performances to weekly series that last a season. Stay tuned and visit often!
Upcoming Concerts: Murmur in the Trees
Network celebrates Earth Day with this outdoor event featuring Eve Beglarian’s A Murmur in the Trees for 24 bassists. To honor the original inhabitants of Lenapehoking, the traditional homelands of the Lenape people where the Awbury Arboretum now sits, Network has commissioned the new work Touching Leaves Women by Mohican and Munsee-Lenape composer Brent Michael Davids. This new piece is for four voices and bird-roars, instruments designed and built by the composer.
This special musical event is apart of Awbury’s Earth Day: Forest & Farm Fair. Learn more here.
Pedestrian entrances to The Farm at Awbury are at 6336 Ardleigh St Philadelphia, PA 19138.
With the exception of visitors with disabilities, parking is not permitted in The Farm at Awbury, but free parking is abundant on the bordering streets of Ardleigh St and Washington Ln. The Education Center building is just a short walk from the Ardleigh Street entrance.
• Awbury Community Relief Concert Series, hosted by Barry Wahrhaftig, Summers of 2020 and 2021 at the Cope House
• Blues Concert Series, with the Philly Blues Society, Summer 2021 and 2022 at The Farm at Awbury
• Summoning the Future Forest, with the Sun Ra Arkestra, Sept 2021 at the Cope House
• At which point, with The Crossing choir, June 2021 at the Cope House
• Annual Harvest Fest performances at The Farm at Awbury
• Awbury Live! with All Entertainment, 2018 and 2019 at The Farm at Awbury
• Heartwood Music Festival with the Philadelphia Folksong Society, 2015 and 2016 at McNabbtown Field
And much more!