Support Our Mission
Tribute gifts are a unique and thoughtful way to commemorate a wedding, an anniversary, the birth of a child, or the life of a loved one. Your personalized tribute gift supports Awbury Arboretum, the preservation of our historic house and landscape, and our mission to connect our urban community with nature and history.
Click here for a PDF about our Tribute Gift program.
Awbury Arboretum is pleased to carry on the tradition of planting trees to communicate ongoing admiration, remembrance, and gratitude for important individuals in our lives. The symbolism of planting a tree is significant in many ways:
- The act of planting a tree requires full involvement. The planter’s physical and mental devotion create an influential experience, connecting all who participate with the tree, one another, and themselves.
- Trees are planted for those who have positively affected the lives around them. The continued care and nurturing of the tree reinforces the enduring growth of that lifelong impact.
- The benefit of a tribute tree extends to its surroundings – its fellow plants and animals, the overall environment, and the community of people who visit it.
Awbury Arboretum Association appreciates your donation and is honored to care for your Tribute Tree. A donation of $1,000 will provide for the planting of tree and a personalized recognition marker throughout the natural life of the tree.
Awbury is currently planting witchhazel trees, magnolias, American and European beech trees, native oak and hickory trees, quaking aspen, pine, fir, spruce, larch, and cedar trees.
Click here to view a map of planting areas and click here to read more about trees needed in those areas.
For assistance in selecting a tree, please contact our Landscape Manager at email@example.com.
A bench dedication offers guests a place to rest and reflect while enjoying the beautiful Arboretum grounds. Information coming soon on locations and bench options.
Other Plants, Flowers, and Green Gifts
Examples of these donations include:
- Contributing to Milkweed Patches for butterfly habitat, including the installation of several milkweed plant species planted in the meadow, which creates a season of blooms in a 100 square foot habitat. ($500)
- Native shrub planting to provide for wildlife, environmental education, and building the understory of the Awbury Landscape. Priority species would be viburnums, hollies, and various native woodland berry shrubs like bayberry, chokecherry, and even blueberries. ($300)
If you are interested in donating to the Awbury landscape in the form of perennial flowers or notable shrubs please contact our Landscape Manager to coordinate.
Financial Tribute Gift
Please enter the name of the tribute recipient or memorial gift in the donation notes.
To learn more about our Tribute Gifts and the dedication of a tree, bench, or other plant,
please contact Awbury’s Landscape Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrate the dedication of a tree or bench with friends and family at the Arboretum. Please click here to learn more about hosting a reception, memorial service, or other event at Awbury Arboretum, and contact email@example.com for more information.
The Arboretum may be designated to receive donations in lieu of flowers as part of a memorial service. All donors will receive a note from the Arboretum acknowledging their gift. A list of donors will be sent to the family, notifying them of contributions made in memory of their loved one. Memorial donations may be sent to:
1 Awbury Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19138
or be made online.
Plan Your Donation
You may find that a planned gift will allow you to make a more substantial contribution to the Arboretum than you may have thought possible. A planned gift can have major tax advantages for you and your loved ones.
By naming the Arboretum as a beneficiary in your estate plans through a will, trust, retirement plan, or insurance policy, you help sustain the gardens for future generations.
To learn more about making a financial gift to Awbury Arboretum,
please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting the Arboretum!