Employment at Awbury
Awbury Arboretum is a 56-acre historic public green space located in Northwest Philadelphia, with a mission to preserve and interpret Awbury’s historic house and landscape, thereby connecting an urban community with nature and history.
Click the position titles below to learn more about joining our team.
Interested in getting to know the Arboretum and growing your skills? Click here to learn more about volunteering at Awbury.
Event Support: Hosts, Ambassadors, and Parking Attendants
About the position:
Hosts, Ambassadors, and Parking Attendants welcome visitors and direct them throughout the grounds, during both community programming and private rental events.
- Setting up at the start of the shift, generally a table, chair, and some signage, sometimes unlocking gated areas
- Greeting visitors and directing them to desired location
- Sharing flyers and other printed information
- Compiling visitors’ data as requested
Title: Event Support Staff
Time frame: Shifts are most often on Friday, Saturdays, and Sundays, generally 3-6 hours each. Event support staff should expect to work 2-6 shifts each month, Spring-Fall, and may choose their preferred dates to work in advance.
Location: Awbury Arboretum: the Cope House, AdventureWoods, and The Farm at Awbury. Primary address: 1 Awbury Road, Philadelphia, PA
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ready to represent the arboretum as a polite and welcoming ambassador.
- Must be able to both follow directions and work independently.
- Must have strong problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
- Must be/become familiar with both the Arboretum’s activities and events (regularly reading the weekly e-newsletter and web page) and its landscape layout.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (cold, wind, rain, etc.)
- Must be able to carry up to 30 pounds (folding table and chair)
- Must be able to pass all background checks as required by the organization.
- Experience working in customer service or community engagement is a plus.
Please send your resume and a compelling cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.